An open competition for the position of Director General of a new university startup studio is announced by the RUSNANO Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs (FIEP) (part of the VEB.RF Group) in cooperation with ITMO University. As a common FIEP and ITMO University project, the studio is believed to be the first fruit of the new University Technology Entrepreneurship Platform federal initiative.
Instead of project selection, the startup studio creates technology companies in advanced industrial sectors from scratch. For this purpose, business hypotheses are formed, technologies are selected, a team is built and an effective system for startup management and development is established. This allows reducing the costs of startups, making them available to the maximum number of companies to purchase.
In the future, the Fund intends to replicate the startup studio concept in cooperation with other country’s universities.
Applicant requirements, which are:
- proven experience in dealing with startups, universities and technology companies in the field of deep tech, both in Russia and in the world;
- fluent English;
- possibility of moving to St. Petersburg;
- willingness to travel;
- experience in the high-tech startup creating and working in (project launch and implementation, achieving self-sufficiency and profitability, sale of the company) as a founder and/or a manager;
- public speaking skills in terms of conferences and forums participation experience;
- higher education;
- diplomas, certificates in MOOC courses in the field of technology, project activities, finances, jurisprudence, marketing, management skills over the past 5 years.
- until May 14, 2021, online applications to be accepted.
- on May 21, a qualifying round i.e. entrepreneurial competencies simulator called Build a Company. Sell the Company, held in St. Petersburg;
- On May 22, face-to-face interviews with finalists and final interviews with the Rector of ITMO University.
All materials on the competition are available on the FIEP website.
ITMO University is the leading university in the field of information and photonic technologies in Russia. Its focal areas also include robotics, quantum communications, cyber security, translational medicine, smart materials, chemistry, biotechnology, urban science, Art & Science, Science Communication. According to the Times Higher Education and the Shanghai Ratings, it ranks among the top 100 best universities in the world. ITMO comprises more than 12,500 students from about 90 countries and more than 4,000 scientists, teachers and employees.
Source: Rusnano’s FIEP